The ultimate guide ON How to use Facial Oils
Facial oils solve a diverse range of skincare pain points and can be used in multiple ways. Plant oils can be used to cleanse, balance and calm the skin, as a result they are the perfect emollient to add in targeted ingredients to help treat specific skincare woes.
organic facial oils are worth the extra step in your skincare routine
In the Below paragraphs, we are going to tell you why Facial Oils are worth all the hype!
- Plant oils are generally suited to all skin types which takes the stress out of choosing the right product.
- They are skin food! Boasting a natural source of vitamins, minerals and omega fatty acids they provide your skin with a valuable source of nutrition.
- They contain anti-inflammatory properties to help calm whilst soothing the most irritated skin
- Provide a protective barrier to lock in hydration…..bye-bye dehydrated skin!
- Combined with a gua sha, Facial oils provide the ultimate skin-plumping duo.
- They are versatile and can be used with other products, just pop a few drops in your foundation or moisturiser for that extra glow.
- Organic plant oils will also help break down and dissolve your makeup so that you can go on to cleanse your skin.
These are the reasons I use facial oil every day, Cassiopeia is my secret weapon in my skincare routine.
Here are more reasons to use facial oils
Plant oils are highly concentrated. Therefore we suggest you use Cassiopeia. Firstly, it is formulated specifically with rose, neroli and vitamin E targeting redness, sunspots and acne scarring. Secondly, Facial oils can replicate the skin’s natural barrier function. Above all, They are so epic at locking in hydration!
Skin Muk recommends using a toning mist or aqua-based moisturiser before finishing off with rose facial oil.
Besides, why paste synthetic and mineral oils on your skin, when you have access to the most gentle and effective plant oils found in nature? Most synthetic oils are comedogenic (pore blocking) whereas, the right facial oil can help balance both oily or dry skin.
Cassiopeia is now available in our skin care packs.
Benefits of Facial Oils | Some Science Stuff
A study by Tzu-Kai Lin, Lily Zhong and Juan Luis Santiago (2018) examined the therapeutic benefits of plant oils. The focus is on the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects on the skin. Wound healing and skin barrier repair of topically applied plant oils are also examined.
We decided we will dissect this study of Natural oils into bite-sized chunks for you.
- The researchers find that organic facial oils decrease transepidermal water loss increasing skin barrier function and restores hydration.
- The researchers all agree that vegan facial oils are beneficial as an early intervention for the treatment of atopic dermatitis.
- Tzu-Kai Lin et al. recognise that topically applied organic facial oils offer higher bioavailability of nutrients in the skin.
- Monounsaturated fatty acids such as oleic acid act as permeability enhancers for other minerals and vitamins that are in facial oils.
- Other plant compounds including tocopherols have anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation and restore skin barrier function.
Now that you are in love with facial oils below is the ultimate guide on how to use facial oils.
Tips on How to Use facial oils
- Start with a blank canvas by cleaning and exfoliating your skin, because we love a good double cleanse.
- Add 2 -3 drops of oil to clean hands followed by massaging gently into your skin in upward motions. However, remember a little goes a long way!
- Add a drop or two of facial oil to your favourite moisturiser for extra hydration and skin nutrition.
- Apply the facial oil underneath your SPF in the mornings, if you worry about too much glow generally the matting effect of SPF dulls the shine.
- Facial oil is a great way to boost your foundation, make it last longer and adding an extra glow to your complexion.
- Skin naturally produces more sebum (oil) through the night and in the morning, sebum production then drops off later in the day which means our skin loves extra hydration and oil at night time. If you are concerned about “oily skin” use facial oil before bed.
- After cleansing, apply Facial Oil whilst using the Gua Sha Australia in a scraping motion, follow our instructions to add energy back into your skin!
Time to fall in love with your skin all over again.